Small business insurance

If you own a business, you should consider commercial insurance.

Need insurance? Consider these coverages.

Workers' compensation insurance

We at SolePro are dedicated workers' compensation insurance. Arguably the most crucial coverage for many operations, workers' comp covers business owners and their employees should they get hurt or sick on the job.

Our company offers three programs: Solo X, Solo I, and Plus.

Solo X is for businesses with no employees and who wish to exclude themselves from coverage. This is a very affordable option for business owners, and it includes an accident policy with benefits.

Solo I is also for businesses with no employees, but this plan allows the owner to include themselves in coverage. Again, very affordable, and allows for an optional accident policy.

Plus is for businesses with employees, and owners have the option to either include or exclude themselves from coverage. This, too, provides the option to tack on an accident policy for extra protection.

Want to know the price of workers' comp insurance? Check out our partner's workers' comp cost analysis.

General liability insurance

This coverage is a great way to protect operations from the many things that can go wrong when owning a business. Coverage highlights include protection against physical liabilities such as bodily injury and property damage, as well as non-physical risks like slander, libel, copyright infringement, and false advertising.

Read our partner’s full guide to general liability insurance, or check out the general liability cost analysis to see a breakdown of costs.

What other types of insurance should business owners consider?

Commercial auto: If your business owns a vehicle, you need this coverage. If you are driving for work-related purposes and an incident occurs, oftentimes the accident will not be covered by your personal auto policy.

Hired & non-owned auto: If you hire, rent, or borrow vehicles on behalf of your business, this policy provides coverage. Liability protection is also extended to employees who use their personal vehicle for work related purposes.

Commercial property insurance: Cover your tools and equipment with business property insurance. This policy protects your items from fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters.

Inland marine insurance: Once you're 500 feet off your business premises, your commercial property insurance ends. With inland marine insurance, you can cover your work equipment in transit and at other locations.